In this week’s special edition of our egtabite, we grab the opportunity to celebrate the upcoming World Radio Day that takes place tomorrow – the 13th of February. It is an occasion to communicate loudly and proudly about radio and its strengths as a medium. The day is an invitation for the industry to (re-)discover radio/audio; an efficient and fully digitally transformed medium and its core strengths.
On this occasion egta highlights 13 key arguments around how radio boosts business, with facts and figures supporting radio as a medium and an advertising platform; a convincing list backed by various pieces of research and data from Europe and the US. The deck is freely available to be used in your communication to clients and partners.
13 key arguments how radio boosts business:
- REACH & LISTENING - Reach and time spent listening are as strong as ever. Radio allows brands to reach millions of people on a daily basis.
- TARGETABILITY - Radio targets the right people at the right time with the right content.
- MULTIPLATFORM & MOBILE - Audio is everywhere and radio is the most mobile medium. With additional touchpoints and formats brought by digital audio radio becomes even more ubiquitous.
- COMPANIONSHIP - Radio is a hands-free, eyes-free medium present in unique moments throughout the day.
- ENGAGEMENT- Radio brings communities together to inform and entertain. Radios develop a strong relationship with listeners, enabling advertisers to engage them in an intimate & personal setting.
- MULTIPLIER - Radio has a unique campaign multiplier effect in the media mix.
- ACTIVATION & ROI - Radio drives immediate activation and generates strong ROI – a perfect match for call-to-action campaigns getting tactical messages to air quickly and building frequency.
- BRAND BUILDER - Radio helps brands to grow – the high reach of radio combined with its mood-enhancing effect on listeners brings brand-building messages across.
- DIGITAL BOOSTER - Radio drives traffic, search and e-commerce.
- RECOVERY DRIVER - Brands that advertise on radio in times of crisis – win.
- CREATIVITY, FLEXIBILITY & AGILITY - Audio offers creative & effective solutions at an affordable production cost. It’s flexibility and agility enables to quickly adapt and air a spot.
- TRUST & SAFETY - Radio is a trusted source of information – even more in times of crisis. Radio offers premium content, ad fraud and bots-free environment.
- INNOVATION - Audio innovations in ad tech and data create new and exciting opportunities for marketers.
Laurent Bliaut, Deputy General Director, Marketing and R&D, TF1 Pub and egta President comments on radio’s strengths: “Radio’s unique marketing power caters for both call-to-action and brand-building campaigns. Just as TV does, radio amplifies other media, particularly search and online formats, while digital audio is growing fast, and innovations in ad tech and data create new and exciting opportunities in the media mix. At TF1 Pub, we believe that strong radio brands clearly have an increasingly important role to play in the audio revolution both for listeners and marketers.“
Thierry Mars, Radio Director, egta comments on the evolution of radio: “By using new technologies, radio evolves, innovates and adapts to new behaviours and lifestyles. Radio is mobile, multi-platform, offering content to everyone, everywhere at any time. Radio is also a powerful business boosterenabling brands to reach their targets in a safe environment.”